Sunday 9 January 2011

Way hey, its a 4 egg day!!

Sunday morning, the sun is shining, I've been gardening already... I can smell spring in the air. Deliciously positive this morning, all helped by the fact that the chickens have laid one egg each for the first time today. They still seem a bit cross at their new confinement, pacing up & down their run, but I guess they must be pretty content to being laying this well during the winter.

So to celebrate our egg abundance we scrambled a load of them for breakfast. Delicious. I don't think I need to write a recipe for scrambled egg, even the most reluctant of cooks seem to do this one. And its a personal thing anyway, we'll all have our ways. My perfect scrambled eggs - plenty of butter in the pan, plenty of salt (Maldon) and plenty of freshly ground black pepper in the eggs, plenty of eggs for that matter. And no, absolutely no, milk - I don't want my "egginess" diluted. Served with wholemeal toast with plenty of butter (I spot a theme here) and crucially, a little smear of Marmite. Occasionally I add a touch of grated cheese to the eggs as well, but not this morning.

So how do you do yours......?

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree on the no-milk front. I usually add pepper after. Every so often, I like to throw a few chopped chives in with the eggs. I admit, I like my scrambled eggs on the drier side... maybe it's an American thing? Also, I'm not a huge fan of eggs ON toast - I like my toast on the side, with avocado, salt, and pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto toast on the side, and chives also when they are growing in the garden. I don't like mine too runny either. Avocado, nows that interesting, never would have thought of that one. Will try it!

    ReplyDelete