Wednesday 15 December 2010

I've got an egg, a bleedin' EGG!!!

Wow, what a brilliant day. My 3 years old first nativity (not a dry eye in the house) was a great start. But then I went into the garden to let the girls out and have a check in their coop. And there is was, a perfectly formed egg. I was beginning to think this day would never come. But still I keep checking. In fact I had put a rubber egg in the box to try and encourage them, so when I saw the really egg this morning I did a double take for a split second.

It's quite little, in fact its pretty tiny, but it has a lovely hard shell and is perfect in every way. I feel so proud  and I wonder which chicken is belongs too. I have a feeling it might be Sam, the ginger one, as she has been behaving a little strangely for a couple of days - taking herself off to the corner of the garden to have a lie down in the afternoon - that sort of thing.

I had said I was going to make a fried egg sandwich with my first egg, but now I'm not so sure. I feel like I want to show it to everyone before it gets eaten. And here it is.......

No comments:

Post a Comment