Monday 8 November 2010

An Egg a Day

When I first said to my husband, ‘what do you think about getting a few chickens for the back garden’, he said ‘clucking hell, NO!’. Well, maybe the first syllable was a touch different…  A few well-timed conversations and a family outing to a friendly poultry farmer later, he finally relented. 
The initial excitement on being given the green light (4 gorgeous hens in an urban Bristol back garden) soon gave way to some alarm at the simple arithmetic. 4 hens lay 4 eggs a day, 28 eggs a week. What on earth was I supposed to do with 28 eggs a week?
And so begins a culinary adventure in all things eggy. Perfectly packaged protein and packed full of vitamins, eggs are a true food miracle that really deserve to be used every day.
Bountiful egg recipes, new and old, and timely diary anecdotes of the novice hen-keeper are combined in my new blog, "An Egg a Day".

I hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to send me your best egg recipes..... I may need all the help I can get!!

No comments:

Post a Comment