If you are a keen camper or a keen back garden barbecuer but a little jaded with your culinary repertoire then this could be the most exciting cookery lesson you've ever attended. Cooking with real fire is seriously addictive and surprisingly straightforward once you learn some simple time saving tricks and get stuck in.
Over the course of the afternoon you'll learn (and very much get involved with preparation - I'm not doing all the work here!!) how to cook:
- wood-baked paella with samphire, chorizo, chicken & prawns
- speedy campsite beef curry with cumin roast new potatoes, with easy spiced dhal
- roast peppers stuffed with couscous, dates & blue cheese
- amazing fire-grilled vegetables, featuring aubergines, sweetcorn & broad beans
- jerk-spiced campfire popcorn (the perfect beer snack for when the sun is over the yard arm)
- a legendary bread and butter pudding with dark chocolate & marmalade
Places are strictly limited, and tickets cost £55 (or 2 tickets for £100) for 4 hours of hands on fire cookery and plenty of eating and drinking the spoils of your labours. There will also be the opportunity to buy signed copies of HOW TO EAT OUTSIDE and you will be given recipe printouts of the things you have made.
Please note - Crumbs Magazine will be attending the workshop for a feature in the August issue of the magazine. So if you do not want to be in photos of session this might not be the afternoon for you. I will however be running the course again over the summer so drop me a line to find out when.
Time: 3pm til 7pm
Location: my back garden & kitchen (address confirmed on booking)
Date: Saturday 20th June 2015
Cost £55 per head or 2 tickets for £100
Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book your place - theres only room for 10 of you!
If thats not enough to whet your appetite, here are a few photos of the things you'll be cooking and eating……